The TTYA considers the safety and well-being of our staff, members, and our community to be our highest priority.
The following list of procedures, practices, and operational changes is mandated by the Government of Trinidad & Tobago under Executive Orders relating to bars, restaurants, and public gathering places.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from local government, the CDC, and other sources of best practices. We will update the following as circumstances require.
(Version of June 1, 2020.)
Employee Health and Sanitation
- We will be monitoring the health of individual staff members daily and will not allow anyone to work who is observably ill or not feeling well;
- We will keep a log of staff health monitoring;
- We will provide appropriate face masks for our staff to wear during their shift, along with other PPE where necessary;
- We will re-train our team in all cleaning procedures, hand-washing, respiratory etiquette, and we will provide training for COVID-19-specific health measures;
- We will require our staff to wear a mask while working in the kitchen, as well as while serving members;
- We will require our staff to wear gloves during all food and drink preparation;
- We will require all staff to sanitize their hands after each customer contact.
Public Sanitation Measures
- We will continue to use high grade cleaning products;
- We will sanitize the bathroom doors, handles, faucets and other high-touch areas according to a regular schedule;
- We will provide additional cleaning for all public areas of the Association and property;
- We will place hand sanitizer stations at security and at office entrances and Hand cleaning stations have been set up directly located by the bar, entrance and jetty areas and other prominent locations.
Social Distancing Measures
- We will place prominent signage detailing the required social distancing measures.
- We will place markings on the floor or ground where necessary to guide social distancing protocols.
- We will provide a one-time, disposable cups during Bar service.
- We will sanitize our tables after use
- We ask that all guests purchase mixers singularly to avoid any contamination by sharing.
Guest Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- We will require all members and guests to wear a mask when in the tender, bar and office areas.
- We will ask that all members and guests wear a mask or face covering in our outdoor areas (e.g., pergola/pool area) whenever maintaining a distance of six feet from those outside your household is difficult.
- We will be operating at 50% capacity in accordance with the Trinidad Government regulations
- We will be monitoring the number of people on Association property at all times, and controlling access to the Bar and pergola areas once max number of persons have been reached;
- We apologize in advance, but because of capacity limits, there may be times when you are asked to remain outside the Association until others leave;
- We will use text or cell numbers to recall members who were temporarily turned away due to capacity limits;
- We will place all tables with at least six feet between the chairs of adjacent tables;